“Allies of LGBTIQ people have been asking what they can do to show their support for friends, families and colleagues while the postal survey is being rolled out” Philippa Moss, Executive Director of the AIDS Action Council said today.
Applications are now open for CBR Fair Day 2017 at Gorman Arts Centre
Performers, stallholders and sponsors are the back bone of this wonderful annual event, and we encourage you to take a look at the information packs below and decide how you or your organisation can get involved! In 2016 we saw 40+ stallholders, 7 amazing performers and more than 10 organisations sponsoring and lending support to bring CBR Fair Day to life. This year we are going bigger, louder and brighter and we want to bring you along for the ride!
"Attending the Lesbian Bisexual and Queer Women’s Health Conference 2017 on 13th and 14th of July at the Teacher’s Federation in Sydney was an insightful and fulfilling experience."
Many people say they are going to do things and then never do them. I am guilty of this as much as the next CEO. However, as we approach the end of another financial year and an ever changing political environmentt with uncertain funding we have many things to achieve and the Council is well-placed to achieve them.
The Canberra LGBTIQ Community Consortium (the Consortium) is pleased to present you with a report of the findings from a series of complex consultations undertaken by the Consortium over the last few months.
The Consortium is a partnership of four agencies brought together by the common goal of ensuring health, wellbeing, access, social inclusion and equity for Canberra’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) communities.
The AIDS Action Council of the ACT is looking for a person or people for part time to fulltime work with the necessary skills and experience to progress the objectives of the organisation.
Over 50 people came to the Old Canberra Inn to celebrate and support the launch of the GRUNT campaign this month.
More Articles ...
- National Day of Women Living with HIV to be marked with morning tea at the AIDS Action Council
- An AIDS Action Council fundraising trivia evening
- Implants and injectables: PrEP in the future
- National Carillion and Kings Avenue Overpass to be lit up in red as Canberra marks World AIDS Day with community picnic
- AIDS Action Council Annual Report
- Statement regarding crimes against sex workers in the ACT
- Farewell from Keiran
- 3000+ thank yous, from us to you
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Intersex Rights
- MATE: preventing violence in our community