We are seeking expressions of interest for appointment to our Board of Directors
The AIDS Action Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably experienced people to be considered for appointment to the Board of Directors.
We strongly encourage and welcome applications from People living with HIV, culturally and linguistically diverse people, members of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and we welcome people from the trans and gender diverse communities as well as people from the intersex community.
The role of the Board is to provide governance and strategic leadership to the organisation and will comprise people with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. Director positions are voluntary and there is no remuneration however the Council is committed to providing opportunities for mentoring and professional development for all its Directors
The Board of Directors meets a minimum of six times a year plus an Annual General Meeting. The Directors are also required to be a member of a sub-committee to the Board and these include the following:
- Finance Audit and Risk Management
- Others adhoc committees as required.
- Expectations of Board Members includes:
- Attend and actively participate in meetings
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and reviews and comment on minutes and reports
- Serve on sub-committees
- Build a collegial working relationship with other board members that contributes to a consensual approach to decision making
- Utilise own skills, experience and knowledge to support the growth and success of the Council.
At this time the Council is seeking Director with the following skill set:
- Accounting and finance
- Media and Marketing
- Government Relations
- Research and ethics.
Expressions of interest are welcome at any time however this process will close on Monday 25 March 2019. Written EOI’s are welcomed and if you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Philippa or Joshua at the Council on 6257 2855 or via email –