Tips for Escort Drivers
Section 8 of the ACT Workcover Sexual Services Code of Practice states that brothel owners should provide security for their escort workers and should not let them travel to and from escorts unaccompanied. This means that, ideally, brothels should employ escort drivers. The Code also states that drivers should be trained in the course of action they should take if a worker requires assistance during an escort.
As an escort driver, you are employed to do two things:
- Provide transport for the escort worker.
- Provide safety for the escort worker. The following are some tips for escort drivers:
- Accompany the worker to the door at the beginning of the job.
- Do not leave after you have dropped the worker at the job. The worker is depending on you to be there for them. Wait for the worker to finish the service.
- Stay awake and alert and be prepared to assist the worker if they need you.
- Respect the wishes and follow the instructions of the worker.
- Have a code between yourself and the worker to tell you if he or she is in trouble. For example, a signal could be the worker moving the bedroom curtains or turning the bedroom lamp on and off.
- Do not hassle the worker or expect free sexual favours from them.
- Be prepared to defend the worker or yourself against an aggressive client.
- Make sure you know what time the job is going to finish and keep an eye on the time. When the booking is finished, if arranged with the worker, knock on the door. It’s usually easier for the worker to get out of a booking on time if the client knows someone is waiting for them.
Disclaimer: This information is adapted from an article by RHED from May 2001. The information is of a general nature and is meant as a guide only. SWOP accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or relevance for purpose of any material contained herein. SWOP recommends that workers exercise care when using the information and obtain professional advice appropriate to their circumstances. If you have further questions regarding information provided here, contact SWOP on 6247 3443.